Monday, February 23, 2004

Hostel day

Today we celebrated our hostel day. This is a celebration organised after so many years in the hostel. And its worth every bit. We enjoyed it completely. Similar to any function in our college, I got into the act of helping in organising the events. Me and veerasekar got the duty of organising the games in the morning. There were Eating competition, Pot breaking and Tug off war. The eating competition was really funny with competitiors eating more than 8 hostel idlis which they always hesitate to taste on other days. Tug off war became a real war with warriors making greatest strategies to win the game. We the final years were really smart that we made wonderful strategies to win the first round and we also made it. Anyhow, the strategies didn't work in the second round and we lost the match. Pot breaking never became success and not even a single person was able to hit the pot though a few came very close to it.

Culturals were in the evening and I wondered what to do as I am not participating in any of the events. Suddenly, I saw mini the MMTC camera man and he offered me a real good job thats suits me the best. He gave me the digital camera and asked me to help him in shooting photos during the entire session. I agreed it immedaitely and took on the job of Photographer. I was clicking on and on and covered every person invloved in the function. Before the culturals we had Tamil Debate from Thiru.Solomon Paapiya and we enjoyed it very much. The best part that interested me is my friend Subashini spoke in the debate. She was excellent in the speech and showed all her talents which made me wonder why we didn't realise of her talent before. Even the starting words from her were very sharp and hit the opponents very much. She gave a wonderful meaning for the howling word "Kadalai". That was fantabullous. One important thing I learnt taking photos is that a photographer is the only one who can move around the stage anywhere and any time he wants. I was moving through the stage freely and was standing in the middle of the stage for a long time. I felt as if I have become a great photographer. Ha ha ha ha........... Now someone there, please sayyy 'Cheeeeezeee'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chezeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!