Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Reject to Rejoice - A fake false interview

Welcome back! This is Iris reporting from the Injey's cubcile, the all-in-all Production Support and Quality Assurance technical Lead. He is recently noticed for rejecting every Migration submitted by the Development team and also been the main person in raising Hemant's barometer to the highest for the last 3 months successively.

Iris: Hello Injey! We are thankful to you for sparing few mins admist your busy schedule.
INJEY: Its always a pleasure, Iris.
Iris: Tell us INJEY, how do you feel about rejecting every migration from the developers.
INJEY: Its really a big achievement. I am thankful to all the developers for that.
Iris: What do you think made it possible for you to achieve this?
INJEY: Well, it is basically "The Will to Reject". And you must also have the "Unwillingness to Work". After all, if you approve the migration in UAT, you will get more work.
Iris: That is interesting. Do you think that more you reject, the less the client satisfaction?
INJEY: That is a wrong assumption. The more I reject the migrations, the more we ensure that the client believes our commitment to quality. So we are adding client satisfaction.
Iris: So how do you feel about the developers INJEY?
INJEY: As I said before, I am very thankful for them. Without their minor mistakes here and there, I would not have been able to reach where I am now.
Iris: Thats so wonderful to hear. How do they feel about you?
INJEY: Hmmm... I never thought about that. (laughing) I mean... I think... They are making me a happy person by helping me reject more migrations. Obviously, they are working towards making another person happy and they should feel happy themselves.
Iris: Which migration do you think was the difficult one in getting rejected?
INJEY: Hmmm... Thats a tough question. My eyes are so sharp, that I would easily identify a defect whenever I want. (laughs again) But to answer your question..hmmm... (looking up)... the UPDATE query that they sent last week was a tough one to reject.
Iris: So how did you reject that? It must have been painful.
INJEY: Yeah! It was a very difficult situtation. If I approve the migration, I will have to wait 30 minutes before going to lunch. So I spent 5 minutes in checking each letter of the UPDATE query and finally identfied that he had given AMOUNT = 0 instead of AMOUNT = 0.00. It was a serious standard issue. I immediately sent it back to Hemant whose barometer shot up again and a critical weather alert was issued on the developers.
Iris: That is really amazing. What do you like to convey to everyone inspiring to become like you?
INJEY: Always remember Nobody is Perfect. So no migration can be perfect. Reject to Rejoice.

THE ABOVE CONVERSATION IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF COMPLETELY FALSE INFORMATION THAT PEOPLE MIGHT BE RUMORING ABOUT.

But indeed, the introduction was true though.

2 comments:

Hemant said...

I remember this :-)

INJEY! said...

me too. ha ha ha.. Sorry I made you crazy. But what to say. It was my job.