Wednesday, December 5, 2007

One of the few monsoons in Charlotte

Farewell letter from Saravanan:
Hi All,
My stint in Charlotte is getting over today. It was a real pleasure meeting all you guys.

Yesterday I checked the baggage restrictions in Jet airways and it said 2 bags of 23 kgs and I thought I had way over than that. I always carry well under the limit. Didn't understand initially, why, this time, I was thinking so. But then I realized that really have loads of stuff to take home for which even the whole airbus is not going to suffice. Yup. I am taking with me lots of good memories from here (romba nakkittena...he he).

Saravanan,
Thank God! You didn’t take all our good memories. Else it would have gone away with your lost luggage in Brussels itself. he he he he he….


In the life of this Vagabond aka “software engineer working for an Indian IT services company”; I have met a lot of people with each person leaving different impressions in the heart. Some are just a passing cloud not affecting our life in any way. There could also be thunderstorms and cyclones who invade our life torturing every bit that you wish that your lives must not have crossed any time. But there are very few who shower your life with happiness and there by creating refreshing memories that soften your heart creating impressions that are smooth and will last forever.
This post is about one of those monsoon showers.


I had the opportunity to meet the heavy cloud on the same day I landed in Uncle Sam’s land. Though it appeared to be just another cloud earlier, the drizzle it poured on me slowly filled me with peace and ………………….what the heck.

Enough of this sentimental crap. We both know how well we enjoyed the days in Charlotte. Unforgettable were the wonderful tours we went from snow skiing on the first day in US, thrill rides in Florida and long drive in Cadillac to Virginia. And I still can’t forget the big surprise that you guys bought for my birthday; gifting the Sony PSP though I asked for the XBOX 360. I am hoping that we will meet for my next birthday and would be carrying back a PS3 or XBOX720 if released. If there is one that I didn’t get the chance, it would be playing tennis with you. It would have been fun. And thanks for the generous offer for your car though it slipped my hands due to my indecisiveness. I am glad that you didn’t kill me for that. There are more and more to say, but I have to stop as this is again getting sentimental. So I am finishing this post with your trademark.

“Suckers!!!!!”


No comments: