Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Which manager's line is it anyway

Everyone would have or had interesting managers in the line of our work who might appear so different for pure engineers like us. Words from them motivates us to do the job sometimes and their talent of making you believe the way they want you to amazes everyone all the time. And what is more interesting are the phrases that the managers use that you would remotely use to explain in a normal casual conversation. So listening closely to the managers conversations, I picked up few lines that made me interested and I have listed down for you. May be... I mean may be... if you have more to add, please do so.



  • "There are many other constraints and pulls and pushes." on why we could not get the project.
  • "The pie has shrunk already" on the budget limitations of the client.
  • "I am trying to understand what I have and what is right for me" on why taking the project will be difficult.
  • "The black eye we had is vanishing" on client appreciation.
  • "We are on a bigger driving seat now" for we are working on more important projects.
  • "We should be aware of the environment" on knowing about your peers' opinions on the project.
  • "Not everything is Black & White" on you can not categorize things as just right and wrong.
  • "It is raining here" on the abundance of the issues seen in the project.
  • "Don't disturb the apple cart" on not changing the already tested code.

2 comments:

Gowsik said...

read this again today ! interesting days !!

INJEY! said...

I could write a lot more now.