Sunday, February 3, 2008

First step towards the dream

I have been thinking for the last two days on how best to tell this good news, but couldn’t get the right words. I think it is better to say it in simple words.

My sister got a job in TCS and I am very happy she is moving towards her dream at last. The surprising and wonderful part in this is that she cleared three stages including Group discussion and HR interview to get the job offer. It should be noted that this is only the second company she is getting interviewed. Born to a traditional family where everyone thinks women are destined to be rulers of the home, I welcome her changing the tradition and walking towards an independent life. Though our family knows the importance of education to girls, going to work is considered a burden for girls and we have inclined towards having them a comfortable life away from the clutches of work. Hats off to my sister for trying to break the chain. I must admit that I am sorry that I couldn’t provide her the inspiration for doing higher studies as she wanted, but it is comforting she is able to do what she wants after her marriage. Wishes to my brother-in-law for rising up for her and ready to share the daily chores in the kitchen. All the best to both of them.

This is going to be having your own sister on the other side of the competition(TCS). But I think I can handle it as we both know that I am always the smart one in the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to ur sister :)