Sunday, July 9, 2006

Worldcup fever

Can anyone tell me why would they show not one but four best movies when the whole world is watching FIFA worldcup finals. With the major persons watching TV in UK tuned to BBC glued to their sheets cheering Italy and France who were making their best moves to lift the cup, I was watching the best movies I always enjoy to watch. There was "Stuart Little", "You've got mail" and "Honey, I shrunk the kids". But anyway nothing interesting happened in the match while I was watching the movies. I saw the two goals shot by France and Italy in the early part of the game. When the movie "You've got mail" was over, the extra time of the match had just finished and the team were getting ready for the penalty shoot. It was a disappointing ending though, will France losing the match at 5-3. Another game ended with "Anything can happen" penalty shootout. The other game was "England vs Portugal". That was a disappointment to the whole of England. I was watching the game from the street seeing the England fans with the flag painted on their face, wearing the team T-shirts and shouting "Go England!" It was fun. But again, a disappointment at the end. I couldn't understand why Beckam didn't go for the penalty shoot. May be he was afraid that he might fail. Too bad of him. It just left a thought, "Could England have won, if he had played the shoot" On the whole, it was a good tournament and everyone enjoyed it till the end. Italy won the FIFA worldcup 2006.

No comments: