Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Over the hedge

"I must
give the impression
that I have the answers
for every thing
You were
so disappointed
to see me arriving so easily

Its solely changed
Its solely every.... thing I loved
Its solely changed
I am only chang.... ing

You want something thats constant
And I only wanted to be me
But watch even the stars above thinks that I am still changing"

The movie with this beautiful song. I saw the movie "Over the hedge" on recommendation from Muthu. With much liking to animated movies, I had lot of expectations from this movie. And it was satisfying every bit. The story of a Racoon teaming(cheating) a gang of forgers to collect food to feed a bear. Short and simple. The characters reminds us of the Toy story, the first 3d animated full length movie. But the story was really good. Is the racoon an evil one? Its just trying to survive. But it misuses the gang's stupidity or ignorance as Verm corrects to get the food. Leaving the question "Is RJ good and bad?", the movie is a very funny one and some scenes are very emotional too. Especially the scene where the squirrel Hamie pushing away the extended hands of Verm and saying "I'm not stupid" touches everyone's heart. Few things that could have been done better are giving more importance to the rest of the gang. The feelings between the possum father and the daughter could have explained better and same for the porcupine family. Overall, an interesting movie to watch and laugh. "The tail is tingling!"

No comments: