Friday, July 18, 2008

Why so serious?

Enough is enough. The most anticipated movie of the year is just few hours away from my sight. My plan to watch the first show was spoiled by my manager's request to be in office by 9:30 the next morning. So difficult for a Friday. Now don’t ask me if it is ok on other days. Anyways, the problem was that the first show was screened at 12:01 AM today and I was thoughtful that I may not be able to wake up early after watching the show. I probably would have spent the night dreaming about the movie. So with many thoughts, I had to take the tough decision to watch the movie in the evening. Another fact that made me furious is that our client who is actually brother/sister of the Movie's Production company, (yeah! you guessed it right) arranged Premiere show only for its "EMPLOYEES" and not its "Contractors" on Thursday morning itself. You can imagine how mad I was when one of the clients cancelled the meeting with me on Thursday with the reason "I am going to the movie!” So there I was looking at the same excel sheet while he was enjoying the day with the Dark Knight, a day before the actual release. I wish I have the cold heart as the Joker. But fortunate for him that I didn't have. Public views that the "Contractors" get more money while the employees get only the "Benefits" can not hold true here for I am with an Indian IT services company and we all know how much we are paid compared to both the employees and the direct contractors. It is high time that they provide equality between "Employees" and "Contractors" at least on Movie tickets!
To add fuel to the fire, there are always my friends who said the movie as "The Black Knight" or "The Dark night".

But still unacceptable are the below words.
Me: I am much awaiting the release of "The Dark knight"
X: What is that????
Me: Grrrrrrrr!

Satman, your idea to watch the movie on Saturday still holds. I will watch it again with you. You do not have to doubt about that.

No comments: