Thursday, July 31, 2008

Surprise!!!!!! - Based on a true story

My best efforts in trying not to notice the birthday party that my flat mates were planning for me, which was pretty hard to ignore considering that we stay together, must have somehow created a chemical disturbance in my brain that it developed a shield around my "common" sense and made me ignore all the obvious signs that X had left about the secret surprise for the evening. So when we completed the dinner at Cafe Nirvana and were about to leave, to my surprise (real one), a chocolate ice-cream cake was brought to the table with a single candle lit on the center. As it reached the table, I was left dumb stuck with all questions on how, when and where they planned the surprise. The funny part was that I was with X the whole evening when X had bought the cake without my knowledge and the worst to hear was that the cake was bought with my own credit card as X lost the wallet. I never suspected a cake all the time. It was a complete opposite situation of what I had been talking about the whole day on how "lame" friends try to surprise you on your birthday. There I was sitting flabbergasted watching X who has been the victim of all tease and pranks in the recent days defeating me out by complete surprise. With X and Dr.P along with Deepak from the restaurant singing the birthday song, I made my secret wish and blew the candle for the second time celebrating the silver jubilee of my existence. Even though this year's birthday started and ended in the middle of offshore calls, there is no doubt it beat the previous one hands down. Let’s pray and hope it will be as interesting and eventful as the previous year.

Thanks for the surprise X and Dr.P. You made the day much happier and a memorable one.

Signs I ignored leading me to the path of "Dumb" and "Surprise!"

  1. I dropped X in the Wal-Mart to buy "2 apples" for dinner. I never suspected why apples were so important for the night when we were already on the way for a treat.
  2. X and Dr.P were murmuring secretly as we got out of the car in front of the restaurant.
  3. After being seated, X went back to the car to get the mobile and was reluctant when I offered my help in getting the mobile.
  4. Dr.P was talking about the previous experiences of the failed attempts in organizing a surprise party. (You succeeded at last Dr.P. Thanks)
  5. Never realized the reason why X took the highly -priced AE classic shirt which I like very much to recheck the rate with the assistant. It later came out to be my present.
  6. X was holding a camera the whole evening, but did not take any photo even while presenting the shirt.

No comments: