Saturday, July 12, 2008

A simple "hi"

It was a normal Friday evening with me on the kart racing track as usual. Driving a not-so-good kart which was skidding much adding to my frustration, I stepped on the gas as soon as I got to the straight part of the track. And that is when I found the driver no #16. It was a young girl around 16 years who was obviously racing for the first time. I could tell that as she was driving in the middle of the track at a much safer speed of about 10mph. Please note that my average speed on the track is 30mph and the maximum speed of 35 mph in the straight lane. Being used to find beginners on the track all the time which included me just a month ago, I decided to overtake easily with a wide turn. As I went closer, I found her looking at the side where her parents were waving at her. I was on the right side of her little behind the rear wheels and while I was just about to cross her, she raised her right hand from the steering wheel and in a cute girlish way, waved with her fingers up and down signalling a silent "hi" towards her parents. I immediately slowed down my kart and went along with her slowly until she turned back to face the track.

It was a blissful moment taking my mind completely off the race.
Even when you are totally drained with heavy thoughts, there are surprising moments like these that happen out of the blue sometimes and makes your heart lighter than ever.

No comments: