Thursday, May 1, 2008

Too Many To Remember

How can so many important events happen on a single day in one's life? Yesterday was one such day. It started with me waking up as usual at 9:00 AM. But whats weird is that I thought it is a weekend and decided to sleep more. If it is not for my colleague who called with the morning alarm at 10AM, I would have never realized that I have to be in office today. With the weather and many other reasons overruling my decision to walk to office for the past few days, today happened to be bright and I started my commitment to walk to office everyday. And so I reached the office at 11 AM which was about the right time my manager came looking for me for a meeting. He is still not aware of my earliness to office. (Sarcasm intended). And so after the meeting went fine, to prove that is not so any other day, my manager wanted to talk in private with me and blew up the obvious but frightening news that he wants me to help in composing a song for the blind here whose belief is that if they cant see the instruments then no one is playing music. It was hard time convincing him that I have seen musical notes only in cartoons. But still he was not convinced and appreciated me that I can make my own tunes. With this episode hanging in the middle, it was surprising when we found that it was our client manager's birthday and I had to go to Costco to buy a cake. And there I was walking back to home and drove the car to Costco delaying my lunch by 2 hrs. But still, things were different today that the Veggie Sub in Quiznos actually tasted good for the first time. Afternoon was also not normal with one of my few long-time visitor of this blog and one who I thought knows me better commented that I am writing philosophical and romantic stuff these days which is so unusual of me. To my question whether I look like a nerd with long weird hair and bifocal lenses with no sense for sentiments, the answer came to be YES. I am having tough time on whether to take that as a compliment or not. Not to be forgotten for the day was the photo I took with the Vice President not of the United States but still of our client. The only problem was that I had to face the computer screen while she was standing behind me facing the camera. So good luck to everyone finding my back in this month's corporate magazine.
Soon bored by the photo shoots in office, I returned home for an early sleep but ended up watching a Telugu movie. Before you can question, I would like to say that I watched it from an Original DVD that was brought from India. I even had to advise my baggage-packing roommate on the size of his cabin baggage. And not finding a measuring tape to decide how much 61cms is, I found the box of the garbage bag and it measured up to 51cms there by proving his bag was definitely 70cms or more and is outside the Airlines restriction of the size of cabin baggage. Another distinguishing fact for the day was that I cut cabbage instead of the usual onions for dinner. But as usual, my roommate prepared the dinner while I just ate them. And if you think all these are so stupid and could happen on any other day, hear this. I cracked the mind of someone who believed can never be undisturbed by my mails daily for more than two weeks. The funny part was "that person" vent out the frustration at another person who just happened to be in a place closer than me. I am glad that things were not so sluggish and it was good to have something to blog about.

3 comments:

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Whew that's quite a day! Bravo to have survived through all that.

INJEY! said...

Thanks. Its not just survival. Its a huge milestone considering the last event. :)

Shanks_P said...

Sum thng to blog is always nice but sum thing on the very day is the best ;)