Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New roommate to the extreme!

I agree, I have had worse shocking moments before and I have met people from the completely opposite side of my world. I have friends who vaguely remember Mario as a coin collecting game. And worse, Pac man is someone who packs the gifts for the post man. I used to grind my teeth hard and squeeze out the stress buster in those moments of pain and disbelief.
But come on. You can't ask me who Prince of Persia is. For a guy who carried a stick and jumped over the roof of closely built houses in our village just to imitate the great savior of the damsel in distress, asking such a question explodes the arteries pumping the blood fast out of my heart. Had I not been reading about the next installment of POP Saga: Heir Apparent from Game Informer magazine, I would have gone to the kitchen, heat the pan and keep my fingers over it to test if this is some nightmare? It makes me doubt if the dooms day have arrived when no good is known to humans. But I withheld the pain within myself and answered him explaining the legends of the great hero of the computer gaming industry very calmly.
And do you know why? After watching the movie "Forbidden Kingdom" last week, he asked me who "Jackie Lee" is. I could have beaten myself to death, but was saved as he corrected himself that he know "Jackie Chan" but not the other monkey hero( Jet Li).

I still need to understand that the world is so diverse and there exists people in such far extremes from us.

No comments: