Friday, May 5, 2006

Midnight in Monte Carlo - Part 2

Disclaimer: I dont know what happened to me when I started writing this episode. May be the climate was good or my mind was fresh. The right side of my brain took over entirely and strange imaginations rose to my mind pushing to write this no more than a story. I decided not to publish this here and wanted to use this for a seperate story. But somehow felt to make this itself a story instead of the original events. SO I ASSURE EVERYONE THAT NONE OF THIS REALLY HAPPENED. JUST READ THE STORY AS IT IS. You can feel the story better if you fit yourself as the narrator rather than myself. I dont fit much on this story. So here we go again. Please read the first part if you have not read it before.




1 HOUR TO GO



But I had no other choice. There I was going to a grand Christmas party in a car modelled in the year 1940. It might have been the exact car that comes in the beginning of King Kong movie. The old typical Taxi in UK. I hesitated before entering the car. I thought of my imagination about reaching the party. It was like a Hollywood movie. A white Limo slowly coming towards the entrance and seeing that, the security guards immediately waves his hands to clear off the cars blocking the way. All the photographers are surrounding the car waiting eagerly with their fingers on the camera. A few beautiful girls near the entrance are raising their heads trying to get view of the person coming out the car. The guard opens the door and I slowly come to the view while the cameras keep on clicking with the flash lights blinding everyone's eyes. And I come out with Ray ban glasses as if I though I had expected it already.



I know that's the wildest imagination I can have. I was atleast hoping to get there in a Toyota or atleast a Citroen. But now, the reality hurts a lot. I am just hoping that the security guard will allow the Taxi to get near the place.



As if the unreal imagination wasn't enough, a white Limo overtook my Taxi. I just don't want to reach there along with the limo for the guard may block and make the taxi turn away. Then a Porsche went past us. It must be that Richard who was blabbing about getting one for rent. Ok. I shouldn't reach along with Porsche too.



It was a 10 min travel and I was being careful that no one in the passing cars sees me. Luckily, no one was there to notice this old taxi. We came to a left turn which read "Science Museum". Hoping to see some lights, I looked outside the window and found nothing to say there is any party going on. It was actually like an air field with many warehouses like structures all over the place. I was doubtful whether I am going to the right place. After another 10 minutes ride, we came to a sign which read "Midnight in Monte Carlo". With a deep breath, I looked out for the entrance. The taxi slowed down. But still there is no sign of any party. It was dark all over and I was wondering whether I was being kidnapped. But why?



But I was not kidnapped. Atlast I saw the lights on the side of one big warehouse that looked like a small flight hangar. The taxi came to halt on the opposite side of the road near the entrance. Still little confused, I didn't open the door. I looked long towards the entrance and saw many well-built guys in tuxedo with plain expressionless faces. Yes. They must be the guards like they show in movies. Then I saw many couples dressed in style. Good. This is it. So there is a party here. I got out of the car laughing to myself that I shouldn't have worried about coming in THIS taxi to THIS place. There were no photographers. I laughed again. I paid the taxi driver who was still smiling at me. Looking at the security guard, I started crossing the road and a horn suddenly sounded. Realising I am in the middle of the road; I ran fast to cross the road and escaped getting hit by the car. I turned back to see what car was……. It was a white Limousine.



HALF AN HOUR TO THE CHANCE



With my mouth still open, I somehow managed to walk back a few steps hoping to see the person who is rich enough to come in Limo. These English people are always crazy spending lot of fortune just to show off making a big entrance. I just wonder how many are really rich enough to own a Limo. And I am so sure that this Limo is rented. When a guard opened the door, every head turned towards the door including mine. I tried to turn back my head away from the car as if it was nothing to me. I would have walked away from the car; had not the soft hand covered with white gloves came to view and held the hand outstretched by the guard. The whole world slowed down as the soft hands came to the view and a girl walked out of the limo with a beautiful smile which I don't understood if there can be anything that is or will be more beautiful than that. Then she said something that must be 'Thanks' to the guard. But my ears have gone deaf already and everything around me became blurred and disappeared to vapours as she turned her neck showing the diamonds that sparkled as her eyes. In that single second when my eyes met hers, as if being hit by a strange wave, her image came to my sight, the beautiful face that said that she is surely Indian, small but never seen before smile, real diamond ear rings that matched the eyes, black hair that ended in a curly style, long white gown that glowed even in the darkness and the small Swatch brand watch showing 0714hrs circling the wrist with a golden strap which had a series of outlines of Mickey mouse face joined together. All this happened in a single second. The next second I was back in the world as she had blinked her eyes. With her smile still ruling my senses, she was coming towards me or actually the entrance behind me. Then suddenly she was gone. When I just released she had walked past me, she had already gone inside. I couldn't understand what happened when she passed me and I stood there wondering whether this is real. After a long deep breath, my senses came back and I walked towards the entrance. I turned my head towards the limo and I couldn't find anything luxury in it now.

No comments: