Saturday, March 6, 2004

Bidding Adieu

I was in my Blazers. Looking smart as usual. With the best fragrance surronding me, I entered the project centre. I was stunned to see lightning flashing continuously inside the project centre. It looked like the sky has come inside with thunders blasting in the room. It is the day the college is giving formal good bye to us, the final year students. We were all in formal blazers with girls in sarees. Everyone were clicking photos calling each other. As soon as I entered the room, I am also pulled in and was posing for photograph with all my friends. The photo session was going on and on and no one was ready to go to the auditorium where the farewall party was arranged. Anyhow, our HOD found the only way to make us out of the project centre was to lock it. So he sent the assistant to lock the door. Without any choice, we all went to the auditorium waiting for the function to begin.

It was not much of a farewell function at the first. It had the usual essence of the chiefguest, Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary and the Principal giving speeches for a long time which made many of us to snooze. Then came the part I do not want to forget in my lifetime. Our placement officer was reading the placement report and all persons who got placed will receive the offer letter from our chairman. The persons were called in the Alphabetical order of the companies which made Hexaware to be read first, followed by GES and then Integra micro systems. 9 persons were infront of me receiving their offer letters one by one. My heart was beating fast. I was tensed how to get the offer letter. And then my turn came. I saw our placement officer in the podium letting out a naughty smile. Oh! Oh!!!! He is going to comment something. And then he said, "Here is the one to be placed first in this year. Here is the one who started the race". And I felt lighter than ever. I felt flying in the clouds. He is blowing me up and up in the air. I can see everyone watching me now. I am smiling like I have never smiled before. I felt great at that moment. You have achieved something that your friends and relatives can be proud of. You have done something that your dad will be happy when he hears about it. Your mom will be in tears of joy hearing you. I went to the stage and I am in the best of my life. I felt happy I have joined this college. I felt happy I have a loving placement officer who is always with me. I thank everyone who have made it possible for me to reach the stage. Thanks to you all.

No comments: