Monday, March 9, 2009

Where is the nonsense tonight?

I never thought that I would be writing this post in my lifetime. And what I about to say might shock people around and even kill some. So please prepare yourself for the next statement.

I watched Simbu's Silambaatam last weekend and I boldly say here that I found it quite ok to watch. Sometimes it was even interesting. And I could actually appreciate Simbu's work in it though Satman's ears were piping with hot steam for most of the scenes. One thing was sure; Simbu is lot more bearable if he does not throw away his punch dialogues often knocking us out altogether.

Now one might wonder what the hell happened to me to make such statements that might scare away the few readers I have. After deep thought, I found out that the whole reason to find the movie "watchable" was that we had set the expectations much below the level of T.Rajendran's Veerachamy, that I actually enjoyed few scenes in the movie.

And if I may speak more of the "stick dance",

  • Cinematographer turned Director Saravanan has done a good job in bringing this glamour and sticky masala movie into a watchable one with the help of Cinematographer Mathi. Good job on the camera moves especially in the song and fight sequences. If you forget Simbu in the scene, it is much more pleasant to watch.
  • Satman was in all crazy with steam engine running between his ears when Simbu was teaching few students on how to make "Panchamirtham". I was doubtful if he liked the sweet so much that he couldn’t watch the movie more.
  • Please don’t blame me if you are laughing to death when I say that Simbu acts as a Hindu Priest. Did I forget to add "innocent Hindu priest".
  • "Sneha! Is that Sneha?" She looks leaner and.... she is more.... competing well with the heroines of the current time. ......"Is it really Sneha????"
  • Simbu attacks each and every other hero in Kollywood by mocking them all over the movie. There is Vijay in the flashback Simbu, Vikram behind the priest Simbu and even a very apparent Ajith in Billa Simbu. And what the hell. Wiki reports that Simbu invited Ajith and Vijay for premier shows and they said that the movie is great! Is that smart for Simbu or dumb for the rest?
  • The main scene that I had to close my ears hard to avoid bleeding was the Billa spoof where he speaks in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and "SIMBLISH".

"You are the one who is new.
People who don’t know me are very few.
Who the hell are you?"

"Just because you are white,
not everything you say is right."

"You want to brew bear?
For me, the land and people are very dear.
I will fight you out without any fear.
Am I clear?"

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!

  • A minimal decency could have been maintained for the mass "Where is the party" song to be watchable with friends and family.
  • Santhanam's comedy rarely had double meanings as most of them had only one meaning which meant the second one. Boo boo!
  • Except for the glamour and songs by Sana Khan and Sneha, as expected it is Simbu all over Silambaatam director by Saravanan. Did you notice the "S" in everything in the last sentence? Was it just a coincidence or something Simby?
  • May be Silambaatam was not that bad at all when compared to Vijay's Villu? Take note of SS in Simbu's Silambaatam and VV in Vijay's Villu here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jey Anna,

I know lotsa ppl do not like simbu but u have to accept the "fact" that,
1. This was Simbu's another OK type movie after Manmadhan and
2. There are people who like(love) simbu :):):)


And anna, this is a movie for the first bench people, 'C' class in other words!
They love the dance in 'where is the party' for sure.. They whistle whenever simbu talks in diff language..They obviously love the panchamirtham scene..They UNDERSTAND the double meanings :P
Wat more do u expect for them?

About Santhaanam,They waste him in all the movies,He simply does not know to choose his role. Not his Fault..

Anyway Whatever u Say, "S"ilambaatam is a BOX-OFFICE "S"UCCESS movie.

and "S"IMBU I"S" "S"EXY !!!! :D lol!

Satish Pasupathy said...

Thaaangamudiyalaaaaaa!!!! :D

INJEY! said...

Vidya,
Agree with you entirely. How can I argue with a SIMBU FAN?????


Satman,
"Thaaangamudiyalaaaaaa!!!!"
Post or the comment? :D

Unknown said...

Sir,
I never expected a review from you on SILAMBATAM, i think you are bit free.... dont say "AM NOT" :-).

Its just a time pass movie, thats it, i had expectations only on songs and dance which were good.

I liked all your comments on this movie.

By the way did you posted this review after watching this in theatre or INTERNET ????. ;-)

Thanks,
Senthil.

Anonymous said...

Good review jey... I really enjoyed readin this.

but am still confused about how 'u' watched this movie!! Strange!!

i suggest u watch "Villu" also - that should give u another good reason to blog again...

Vidya,

U did miss out one more note about ur "S"imbu..

"S"imbu is "S"hameless.. ha ha ha :) LOL

Anonymous said...

jey anna, promise me one thing.

Innime simbu blogs vendaam.. edhuva irundhaalum thaniya deal pannikalaam. :D

p.s: ippo unga "BH" kita naan prachana panna poren :P Direct dealing :D