Sunday, April 27, 2008

Let the guns talk - Last Man Falling






.... continued from Let The Guns Talk



Oh God!
Grant me the power to finish what I started.
Grant me the will to hold my weapons till the end.
Grant me the strength to be the last to fall.






I watched those unprepared eyes not expecting whats going to happen. Talking the same as yesterday and the same as the day before. "Good luck" I said. They heard it. They turned around. Soon enough to know who said it. But not soon enough to know why I said it. I wished them luck to die without pain. Only luck, the unreliable that never comes when you wanted could save them from the painful death. I raised my guns. No particular target to talk, the bullets fired all around the room. They spoke swift and gentle taking the breathe away one by one. There was no place to hide in this room. Nor did they have the time. Even reaching for the gun was seconds away from what was available to them before my weapons tore their heart away. I laughed aloud as I gave way for my guns to do the talking. The sound of the laugh overwhelming the gun shots suppressing the cries of the dead-to-be. Merv fell down as the metal broke his skull and went deep inside his brain. He never stood up again. I gave one to his heart to make it stop. Waste of bullet. Because I know it has already stopped. His dead eyes stared with fear and will remain the same forever. Quick one to raise the gun was Sliz. The exception I forgot to include with the chit chat. My negligence met with a bullet on my arm. And one above the chest. My heart was still healthy. I returned fire aiming for hers. The time was on my side and the bullets reached her heart side. Ironic, I said it reached her heart as if she has one. She dropped the gun shuddering as the blood found a new way out. I stay corrected. It reached her heart as if she had one. Happy I was for a split second. But came rushing to my heart was the ammo from the hole of Vincento's gun. My guns returned the favor by reflex. He fell down still breathing. I clutched my chest trying to stop the blood. Come on! What is the need to rush? Hold on for some more time. It will all be over. It is almost over. I surveyed the room for life. Death surrounded life inside. Blood all over the place added confusion to my count. Only two souls left. One of them was mine. The other lay against the wall across the room waiting for the last moments.
I decided to kneel down. Time to take rest. I have to hold on for some more minutes. I dropped the guns that were hotter than hell. I know that is the place where everyone was sent. Oh God! They say we will relive our entire past life in the last few minutes of our life. I do not want them. Grant me few more seconds to live the current life instead. I prayed with my eyes closed.
And then the door opened. I knew it is the angel that has walked in. The angel that had once been mine. The one for which I owe everything. The one who changed paths and crossed to the unreachable side of the river. The one I could not watch leaving me alone. Its strange. Its strange that my dying heart hopes for something that it knows would not happen. It wanted her to hold me again. A tear from her eyes dropping over it healing the pain like the Phoenix. One last kiss before I let out my breathe for the last time. My heart is becoming weak losing the strength slowly and longing for love in this lost world. She went towards his side instead. She held him closer killing me more. The raging blood could no longer hold inside my body. I wished to die. But things are not yet done and I waited for those moments to come. But then he died. Happiness knew no bound in my dimming soul. His eyes closed before his lips could reach hers. The last kiss did not reach him alive. What is the point of taking pills after you are dead? The dead remains the dead. I laughed with what is left of me.
She dropped his body and walked back to me. She had a gun in her hand. I raised my head longing to see the face for one last time. The face was calm with no emotion in sight. The gun pointed to my head, she stared deep into my eyes. I returned it with smile. She readied the gun to finish off what I started. It is good to die in the hands of the one who longed to live for. But I had different plans for her. The clock ticked as it went down to zero. I decided not to leave her alone in this cruel world. The bomb around my waist would bring us together again. Her emotionless face showed anger. Seeing my smile, it raised a doubt inside her slowly turning to fear. As fear grew it caused panic and was all over her. "It is time", I said still smiling. "See you in hell".



No comments: