Monday, March 17, 2008

August Rush - A magnificent Rhapsody

I had seen lots of movies from musical category before. But none had touched my heart this close. I can hear it even after the movie has ended. It stays inside and resonates your feelings. One should listen rather than watching the movie and it is to be perceived as a fantasy story to really understand the music and connection it creates between people. If you have ever felt that a tune can reach one's heart, you will believe this musical harmony. Though one might argue, that the story is a very predictable and sentimental, and not to forget that the story has been repeated in many of our old Kollywood movies, this musical makes you believe the same instead of what you had laughed at in other movies. The cast has done their work perfectly. As I am not a musician to the least, I am unable to comment on how much the actors have perfectly portrayed the performance of playing the instruments. But you can easily agree with their expressions that they are playing from their heart. Keri Russell with the violoncello, the soft rock songs by Jonathan Rhys Myers and unbelievably gratifying Guitar performance by Freddie Highmore makes you stimulated at times.

If you have not noticed, Freddie is the kid who plays as Peter in "Finding Neverland" and as Charlie in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Amazing performance again.

Honorable mention to the movie is Robin Williams as "The Wizard" whose character I find could have been made better in a good will manner.

And if you want to see this movie, never try from the low quality online prints and even movie theatres might not provide the best effect. My advice is to watch it from a Original DVD in a silent environment with a good quality headphones. I watched with my Bose earphones and I find it worth for every penny I invested on it.


And so as the boy says, "The music is all around us. All you have to do is listen."

No comments: