Saturday, November 10, 2007

Om Shanti Om - Everything but peace

Hold it right there! I cant take it anymore. I like being crazy for I am crazy. But this is not accpetable. I feel like drunk without even tasting anything nearer to alcohol. The world has just turned upside down while I was hanging upside down. But does that make me stand up? I am just confused. Bee Movie was something crazy.... ok ok... it was just above the max level of craz-o-meter. But this one; the craze-o-meter shot out like thermometer on a Tom and Jerry cartoon when it is dipped in hot water. Seriously, can the world get some peace? After all, the movie we are talking about is "Om Shanthi Om". But it has everyhing except peace.


Dont take me wrong. The first half of the movie was awesome. I have never laughed like that in a movie theatre. Yeah! I saw this hindi movie on the theatres. The first ever hindi movie I have watched on the big screen and that too in US. Now coming to the movie, Shahrukh khan at his best as a comedy hero... atleast as far as I have seen. And believe me when i repeat, this is one helll of a crazy movie. They badly wanted it to be crazy and they did it absolutely crazy. Would you belive me that the first half of the movie takes place in the past with footage from yester years of Bollywood. For God's sake, the list of Guest appearances was more than the total main characters in the movie. And almost everyone in the bollywood were there including the Big B and small B. Sorry to disappoint you( I already was) that Mrs. B was not there though.


If crazy was not enough with the cast, if I tell you the story, I will be charged with murder. Full credit to the story writer who must have spent every penny of the producer's money to booze to come up with such a script. And who ever wrote the dialogue must have passed out in the middle of the party and the scripts were photocopied to fill the rest of the scenes because thats what they did for the story too. The story comes three times. Once in the past, second in the movie in the movie and third, song about the story of the movie in the movie. Trust me, there is no grammar mistake in my previous line. If you cant understand it, you are still in your senses. Watch the movie and you will become like me.


I will let out a little secret though. S.Khan's name in the movie is Om. And if you can rightly guess the heroine's name, it is obviously Shanthi. Thats why the movie name "Om Shanthi Om" Wait a minute. who is the second Om? Isnt that hard to find you dumbo. Its S.Khan again. It will be really unjust of me if I dont tell about the heroine here. But who cares. I will be unjust here. Go watch the movie if you care.


To sum/multiply all up and down:

  • The whole movie was packed with fun. Even the sentimental scenes will make you laugh.
  • I am really impressed by the special effects employed in the movie. The fire explosion scene and the dejavu in the destroyed Shanthi's room was way beyond any other bollywood movie.
    Hold your hearts tight. They say the heroine is new. But..
    Shahrukh khan rocks!
  • Its good to hear nice dialogues twice. But when it comes for the third time.....
  • The movie might seem little cranky towards the end. But come on guys. This is just a crazy movie made craziest as possible.
  • There is a spoof made on Rajnikanth too and it is unbelievablily hilarious.
  • Definitely a movie to be watching with all your friends.

1 comment:

Shanks_P said...

I am yet to watch this movie becoz of mainly 3 reasons, last being a bad reason

1. These days I don't enjoy watching SRK
2. Bollywood bores me lately, last good movie I saw was DCH.
3. lack of interest :D.

Do you still suggest to go ahead and watch the movie ?...will add comments once I watch the movie :D