Wednesday, February 14, 2007

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have one more game to be added to the list of games I have played. And its Foosball. For those who dont know what it is, it is football in a small table. No no no. 22 players need not stand on the table to play the game. Actually, we need only 2 or 4 players to play the game. And they too wont be standing on the table. Neither will they use their legs. May be thats why they are using the term Foosball instead of Table football. It is more like a foot ball video game, with player like dolls attached in sticks which extend along the width of the table. And players on both sides will swivel their players using the sticks to shoot the goal.


Having watched the game many times on TV, not in sports but in many movies and shows. The episodes from friends in which Joey and Chandler would go to buy a dining table and return with a football table and the last one in which Monica breaks(smashes) it down to resuce the Chick Jr. and Duck Jr. always made me interested in the game. And it looked like we dont need any strength to play the game which made me obviously more interested in it. Atlast when I reached US for the project work, I found that apart from dining tables in the cafetaria, they have football table as well and was very sure that I can play the game easily and will become the champion in the office. The client might get impressed by my expertise in the game and would never want to leave me.


With such great thoughts, I was trying to choose the partner for my very first game. And when I got Srikanth, I thought may be I will start with an easy win. So there I was waiting to score goal in the very first shot and the game started. I was bit worried that there were no camera to cover the first goal but got satisfied when I found a survillence camera pointing towards us. I can ask a copy of the video tape once the game is over. When the ball neared my forwards, I swiveled the stick and the ball went fast and far and reached the goal keeper. It was a slight miss from... becoming a self side goal. The ball had gone backwards and reached my goal keeper. Srikanth must have thought that it was how we should play the game and most of his starts ended up back to his goal keepers or luckily for me, it would reach the goal posts. We were fighting on hitting self side goals more often that one in two goals will be self side. After a tough battle, Srikanth won over in hitting more self side goals and I was declared the winner.


And Foosball happens to be the second in the games in which I had won the very first game itself. The first is Pool(Billiards) in which my opponent hit the black ball before finishing the last stripe ball on the board. Though I had 3 plain colored balls on the board, I was declared the winner. Thats my luck with all the games. Lets see if my luck continues in all other games I might get to play in the future.


After wishing Srikanth for better luck the next time and telling him some of my secret tips on how not to hit the ball, I sneaked to the security tapes room to make sure the tape will never be seen by anyone.




PS: I have learnt to hit the ball in the forward direction and I have become the best person in passing the ball to the opponents. There is no limit of praises from even my opponents though my partner always used to tell something that I have never heard before.


No comments: