Sunday, February 4, 2007

Call from home

After coming to US, I had talked with my parents only once. Its been more than 20 days now. The main problem is that I dont have a phone line near me and I couldnt get calling card to call India. So most of my communications were through my uncle who has a computer at home. So this weekend, I asked him to call mom and dad to chat with me. And I talked with them for a long time today. It was good. 2 hours of voice chat, thanks to Google Talk for providing such an easier way of communication. We chatted about everyone there and my sister Manicka was the same mischievious as usual. While on the call, I also created a blog for her, as she is very creative and have written stories as well. One such beautiful story is now posted in her blog.

I was not sure what to name her blog. So I asked hers to choose the name and the conversation went on like this.
Manicka: ethavathu name kudu
(Give any name)
Me: Ok. I will give the name as "Manicka is a stupid girl"
Manicka: (shouting) Youuuuuuuuuu
Me: Tell me something nice
Manicka: Manicka is a good girlnu potuka.
Me: Is the word "good" spelled as "B-A-D"?
Manicka: Youuuuu. that is bad. Good is spelled as "G-O-O-D".
Me: No no. You are wrong. "G-O-O-D" is bad.
Manicka: Youu. Put Manicka is a GOOD girl.


Thus, Manicka's blog is named as http://manicka-goodgirl.blogspot.com.

It will contain her writings including letters to me and her drawings and paintings too.

Look at this blog for more updates.


PS: I am maintaining her blog till she learns how to create posts in the blog by herself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you might consider enabling anonymous comments in her blog...

Such an easy solution.. a mask :).

thanks for the support/faith/trust...
for the record: you know it is well placed and returned back too... frictions/disagreements/beliefs not withstanding :)


~
the clone