Thursday, September 14, 2006

Me, my camera and not HIM

I like photography… I like taking photos… but with one exception. I don't want to take photos of him. I hate that job of taking photo of someone who poses the same way every time I try to click. Same blank smile looking into the camera lens as if though trying to tell everyone that he is in the photo. Come on. Give me a break…. Even my camera would have got tired of capturing the same guy.
Sometimes I don't want to see the album with his photo. I get irritated not able to find any change between the photos. Its only the backdrop that changes. And with his staring straight at us takes out the beauty of the photograph. Photograph should convey a message. Not just a portrait. You are not taking your photograph for Passport. When you want to capture a lively moment be alive and be natural. Don't act infront of a camera. Be casual. Be what you are and not what you want to be seen. And to show what you want to be, you need to be an expert in facing the camera and expressing your thoughts. A blank smile wont show that you are happy.
For example, if you are standing by the sea and want to express the beauty of the water, don't show your blank smile at the camera. See the sea, breathe the freshness of sea water, close your eyes and breathe the fresh air, imagine diving into the waves and open your eyes. You will feel your happiness and your face will look cheerful and that's what will be the time to take your memorable photo. Remember, its not your face that smiles, its your mind that smiles and is shown on your face. I can click thousands of photo of the same person who expresses his thoughts and not just stares at the lens. Try to be one of them. And you will have your best photograph taken.

But how can I tell all these without hurting that person. I couldn't do it. He left feeling bad hearing my comments. What to do?

No comments: