Thursday, August 31, 2006

Follow your Instincts!?

My brain was suspicious. But my mind hesitated. I could be wrong and it will be embarrassing not only for me but for the other person too. But what if my instincts are correct? They say we should follow our instincts. But I am really worried about following that now. The question "What if I am wrong?" was bothering me again and again. I raised my face towards his direction and I saw him standing in the crowd again. He also noticed me. I pretended that I was looking at someone else behind him. With my brain still trying to make some logical reasons for me to think I might be right, my mind tried to do what it does best. Move away the thought and get distracted to something else. With the clock ticking, the train reached the second station. Should I get down of the train? No. That would be foolish. But who cares? Everyone will think that it's my stop. But won't I be fooling myself. Or is this a selfish act. Yeah. It will be a selfish act and also an irresponsible one. I saw him again. My instincts were telling that I am right. I don't want to be right. I shouldn't be. I hoped that I am wrong. He looked young. Must be below 25 years of age and wears the long kurta with a woolen sweater. The more the thought that he can't be one of them, the more I got suspicious that I might be right. After all, you can never expect how a person like him would look like. I have never met someone like him for real. Or I hope I haven't. My stop came. I was still confused what to do. I just got down of the train slowly. I said to myself tht I am wrong about that guy. He can't be. The announcement went on repeating "If you find anything suspicious please report it to the member of the staff immediately". Should I report about him? I dismissed the idea and went to my office. I felt ashamed that my instincts might have been correct, but still I risked the life of 1000 passengers including me. The next day, I checked the news. There was no incident of bomb blasts or terrorist attack in the trains. I felt relieved. I was wrong. He was not a terrorist.


No comments: