Sunday, July 9, 2006

Meeting friends after long time

After being in UK for more than 7 months and even though some of the class mates are here, I didnt see them till yesterday. Rahini who came to Aberdeen last month is returning now and came to London for the return trip. Thats a good opportunity to have a nice time and we planned to meet along with Ranjith who is in leischer. Ranjith looked a bit more height. I have turned bit wider and Rahini has done both. There were lot of things to discuss and lot of news to know about. But as usual, we spent most of the time silent. Me and Ranjith were calm and let the teacher take over the day. Rahini remained the same and was hitting us like the good old college days. May be she became better. She tried to strangle Ranjith. Totally we all had an experience back to college time.
We had a good start for the day in Chennai Dosa restaurant, which gives the same environment as our local Saravana Bhavan. Same kind of chairs, tumblers and water mug, Similar menu card, Tamil speaking waiters and similar late services. Luckily today we took the Breakfast buffet and had unlimited idli, pongal, uppuma, dosa, vada with three chutneys and sambhar. That was wonderful. I think I had a stomach filling breakfast today after a long time. I was not much anxious about it as I had similar food in Swindon from our copsley group. But for Ranjith, he is having pure South Indian food after a very long time. He couldnt control himself and was enjoying to the most. After having a hefty breakfast, we started the tour with very little strength to walk.
The places we went includes London and Tower bridge, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and a local pub to have Pepsi(believe me).
One thing that never stopped in our tour was taking photos. We took lots and lots of photos experimenting Rahini's digital camera on the city of London. Though the climate was hot, it was a clear sky giving us a very good opportunity to try our photography skills. I think I took some cool snaps today. It came really well. I have to wait for Rahini to upload the photos I took in her camera to see them.
After a long walk around London city, and having a cool drink at the end, we departed our ways back to each other home. She would be starting to India on Monday 3rd and would be back in her own home. Wonder when I will be coming back. Just a thought.

No comments: