Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Now Apple can have windows

Apple computers is what makes me feel heaven. Whenever I look at it, it always stands out as if thought its not earthly at all. It shows itself like a out of this world invention beating every other gadget in the world. I still remember my first click on the imac G4 with the transparent optical mouse. Even using the mouse was so smooth. Apple have always made me wonder. What kind of ingenious guys does Apple have to show difference in every area they go. Starting with the personal computer to the music gizmos.

When Bill Gates was talking about the cool interface that XP will have, Steve Jobs had a promising smile from his end. XP was cool. It was stable. It was easy. It was quick. But it wasnt a cool interface. Its just a cool skin. Then I saw Mac OS X. A transition from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X was unbelievable. Its not an upgrade. Its an entirely new operating system. The Aqua interface still makes me say wow!!!!!

But I do know the drawbacks of Apple. Its not suitable for tech guy like me. I mean, I need windows for work. Apple hasnt been concentrating on attracting the developer area. So not many tools are available for the developers. Thats makes me feel sad that I cant invest on Apple yet. But it looks like the gap between Apple and Windows is reducing now. Will the introduction of mac with Intel processors, it is now possible to boot windows in iMac.

Sometime back, there was a competition for running windows on Intel imacs and a hacker won the prize. And this is not the big news at all. One month after this, Apple announced a new product called Bootcamp which allows you to install windows in your imacs. Coooooooooool. Is this a cool move or a suicide step?? Its surely a cool move. This move doesnt mean who can go ahead without Mac OS X. You will need Mac OS X to install windows. So its just a enhancement and not a replacement.

Apple is moving higher again. Lets see how the market will be when Apple ships this Bootcamp in its next major release of Mac OS X: Leopard.

Waiting for the bootcamp eagerly.

No comments: