Thursday, March 30, 2006

Another day with bus

Today was another eventful day catching the bus. I was not late. And the bus was also right in time. But it was an eventful one.

Let me tell the story from 8:40 AM, 15 mins before I reached the bus stop. Just like everyday, I got ready for the office. I looked at the large mirror that shows from my head to the feet. I know I didnt look good. I just scolded myself. "You should do something for THIS". Again, I blamed the mirror for that and left for the bus stop. As there was still 10 mins for the bus, I decided to walk. That will help in solving THIS. So I was walking all the way and reached the bus stop at exactly 8:57. Three minutes for the bus to come, I just stood with the rest. Sharply at 9:00, the bus came and I stood in the queue. It was good. If it was not the queue, I would have missed the bus many times before. I had the habit of coming to the bus stop at the last minute and joining the queue at the last. Thanks to the queue and the driver who gives the ticket for everyone before starting the bus. As I was nearing the front of the queue, I took my wallet to get the bus pass. Oh! oh! The bus pass was not there. I started checking all the pockets in shirt and pants though I can remember where it would be. I left in the pocket of the shirt I was wearing yesterday. With no time to go back to room, I checked the wallet for change. Damn it. No change. I could count max of 12 pences. The ticket costs 1.5 pounds. And I cant give a five pound note. The bus drivers cant give change. The system is different here that no change will be provided in the bus. You have to provide the exact bus fare. They say this system helps to reduce the time taken to serve each passenger. I felt that as a much necessary system as I know it already takes a lot of time to issue tickets to a few passengers. But today the view was different. What will I do without change. I cant give him a 5 pound note for sure. With no other option, I had to miss the bus again. Saying good bye to the bus, I walked back to my room, took the bus pass, and was running back to the bus stop in a total of 19 mins to catch the next bus. And I reached the bus stop a minute before the bus came. I saw the rear view mirror on the side of the bus and thought it has helped THIS.

No comments: