Monday, February 6, 2006

My cooking in UK

I tried cooking in UK for the first time. After having the breakfast prepared by the house mates, I wanted to cook on my own. Shades But what shall I make. I started with the best thing I know to make. French Toast. So I Started my purchase for cooking from Tesco. Tesco is like our Big bazzar. Its so huge that it covers the space occupied by 33 to 38 buildings in Infosys. 8) Running around the shop for more than an hour, I found where milk is displayed. But the only problem is there were Milk from different brands each ranging from 33pence to 1pound. And there is differentiation in the fat content of the milk too. Hurmph I took the cheapest one which is 33 pence. Then searching for eggs, I saw similar range of products from 6p to 12p per egg. With all the eggs looking alike, I was wondering if its the 12p eggs are from celebrity hen farms. Tongue So I went home after buying bread where I had to choose from 35p to 2 pounds. Atlast, I understood why Tesco is so big. It was like a outing in a huge musuem. Only thing is you can buy the products on display. With the plan to cook for evening snacks, I actually made French Toast for dinner. With all the housemates frightened cry to take my first ever cooking in UK, I had the toast myself while the rest enjoyed with their rice and aloo gobi.

Guess which tasted best. Thats mine! Wink

No comments: