Saturday, March 6, 2004

I cried because I couldn't cry

Now its time for some of our friends to share their unforgettable moments in the college life, and the first person to get to the stage was my friend Soundarya. She is the bravest girl in our class. She used to be easy taking in most of the problems she comes across. And the most important fact is that she was informed to be over-qualified in two of the campus interviews we had in our college.
She came to the stage and all our eyes are fixed on her. She started with a louddddddddd greetings to the dignitaries. Me and Kannan thought she will swallow the moc kept ifornt of her mouth. She was speaking as usual. She was talking in English like a typical English lady. She was explaining why she joined this college. With every word she spoke, her voice was getting lower and lower. We could feel her going emotional every second. Me and Kannan were sitting at the edge of our chairs. We were embarrassed seeing her emotions. See is about to cry on the stage.
We dont know how to react. We felt some pain in our heart. We were holding each other arms so tight. I wondered whether I would cry. She was saying, "I will miss you all my friends. I dont know how I am going to live without you all". I am on the verge of heart attack. This is too much. I was begging for someone to make her come down. Me and Kannan were completely speechless. I could not explain what I felt. I was hoping somebody will pull her out of the stage and make me breath. She started crying. Oh my! I couldn't stand it anymore. I looked at Kannan and shouted, "Please get her off the stage. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." Atlast, she made her way down. Phew!!!!! But it was not over.
The next one was Huzefa. He was totally blabbering in English. Everyone on the stage was laughing. He was a clown. Then after sometime came Sangeetha from IT department. Oh my! She started talking in Tamil and it was normal at first. But within a few minutes, she started talking high about our chairman, and was addressing him as 'Ayyiah", thats how he was called every few seconds. My ears were paining. My head started spinning. When I saw Kannan, he was worse than me. His face looked pale. He was about to cry. I couldn't take any more, I ran out of the auditorium as fast as I could. I want to save myself. I went out and drew a breath of fresh air. What a relief!
I stood wondering why all these people are talking like these. Have they gone mad? They are out of their mind. I dont know why people go such emotional on pity things. We are not leaving for ever. Just a small gap. Just a change in life. Why cant they accept even these small changes????? I kept on wondering about this. May be I am not right. May be I am not reacting properly. I felt like I would cry. I am going to cry because I cant cry when my friends cried.

No comments: