Friday, March 19, 2004

The final

It is now or never. It is the final project presentation. The external was from Kongu engineering college. With a lot of hard work, we completed the project on the previous day only. I even designed a single setup file that will help to deploy the project in any sytem easily. One thing I didn't finish is the Project presentaion slides. I was too tired to work on it and wanted my projct mates to make it. They somehow managed to make some slides but still it is incomplete.
The worst part started when I found that I have to setup another server to show the redirection module. I wanted a system with two com ports which is only in Cisco. We went there immediately and with great luck, found one and started setting it up. I wanted to make sure that our main server is running properly. But to my worst fear came to life when I found that my project is not working. Someone have changed the date and the component we are using is expired. I thought I am lost. I felt some bad feeling in my head. i was in the height of tension. To add fuel to the fire, the external was firing questions to the students and all are standing unanswerable. He was complaining every project and he was not satisfied with most of our friends project.
I started checking the codes again and again, still couldn't find the error. Frustrated, I checked it in other system. The biggest problem I found was that my project will work only on Windows XP. We dont have any system with two com ports and Windows XP installed. I then turned to the current problem. I was working on the code tensed. our HOD came to me and asked whats the problem. When I told him what has happened, he was shocked. He was so kind to give us the permission to show our presentation at the last. After a lot of confusions and tensions, I made the code back to working in an hour. Phew! Atlast, I did it.
Our slot came only in the afternoon. When we started the presentation, Tirupur was talking first. He first started blabbering and then slowly he picked up his words properly. Even our HOD was helping us in the presentation by explaining the significance of our project. He then asked what tool did u use for text to speech. When we answered Microsoft speech, he was not convinced and compained that the speech will be of American ascent and we have to use Indian english. Again tensed about his questions, we somehow managed the situation. When we took him to show the project demo, he told us that he wanted to hear the voice. When we told him that he have to move to the next lab to hear the voice, he again complained, but this time for fun. Then he went to the next lab and heard the message. He found it interesting. He said that the first message was very clear than that of the second message. My friend replied, "sir, the first message was my voice and only the second was computer voice". We all laughed and he went out to see the next project satisfied with us.

Thanks to our HOD for helping us in finishing our project successfully.And of course, Thanks to our junior friend Gangadran for giving his modem to work on our project.

Project completed successfully. Deployment ready. Hurray!!!!!!!!

No comments: