Sunday, December 28, 2003

Dont forget the interview tricks

The day of the interview from Integra Micro Systems, Bangalore. Me and my friend Ravi kumar were waiting outside the interview hall. I already saw many students from other colleges preparing for the interview with many text books like Operating systems, Data structures etc. I just smiled. I just discussed some technical questions with Ravi. And I told him how to behave in the interview hall, as I had attended training sessions by Mr.Suresh Punjabi earlier which he have not. And the time came.
Ravi was called in. I waited outside and I was the next candidate. I tried to remember all the techniques needed to impress the interviewer.
Number one,

Before entering the hall, knock the door gently and open the door and make yourself completely visible to the interviewer and say," May I come in, Please?".

Suddenly, the door opened and a person called my name. I stood up and he asked me come in. He is the interviewer. My first technique went useless. He didn't even gave me a chance to knock the door.
Then, I remembered the second technique.
Dont sit down without being asked.
If he ignores that you are standing, say,
"May I please sit down".

Unexpectedly, while entering the hall itself, he showed me a chair and asked to sit there. Damn. The second technique went off.
And then, the most important one. Mr.Suresh Punjai told us,
"The last impression is the lasting impression".
I have to make an impact while leaving by saying " I have showed you the best of me and I sincerely hope you will consider me for the job. Thank you sir". But again the technique was lost. When the interviewwas over, and I was about to make my lasting impression, he said, " Nice meeting you, Jeykumar. Please inform the next candidate to come after a few minutes once you leave.". I was speechless. My greatest three techniques were lost in this interview. I just said, "Thank you sir" and left the hall.
Anyhow, I showed the truth inside me to the interviewer. I showed confidence in my face. I showed sincerity to my work and I showed him what I am.And that earned me the job. Thanks to Mr.Suresh Punjabi for showing me what I am.

No comments: